A friend of mine goes to Brown and she has a chemistry class with Emma Watson. She said one day Emma answered a question correctly and someone in the back shouted, “TEN POINTS FOR GRYFFINDOR!” She wasn’t happy.
I love Sundress Sundays.
I hate the pattern of this couch. :)
- Played 1,390 times.
danced to this in primary school. like a boss.
Not at all ashamed to admit that I still know every word. Penny and Me trumps this song forreal though.
I posted this on my facebook more than a year ago, it’s interesting.
I told myself I wasn’t going to do this. Now, I’ve been tagged twice in one day, and seeing as I’m sick, bored and haven’t left my house in two days… i thought i’d change my tune. here it goessss….
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1. I’ve never lived in a state that wasn’t on the water (California, New York), and I don’t ever plan on living in a place that isn’t less than an hour to the beach.
2. Luz, I too am a Daddy’s girl, and I wouldn’t change it for the world. He’s literally gone to the edges of the world for me and I owe him, eternally :) Plus, no one understands my sarcasm just as well as he does..
3. I love God. I don’t love church 90% of the time. Not any church in particular, just the thought of it. I don’t like blantant church politics/dramatics or some of the hypocrisy I see. I go, because I feel closer to God when I’m at His house, but I wish that people could love God for the sake of loving God.
4. I love learning. I love reading. I love writing. I’d take classes everyday for the rest of my life, if I could. I am 100% okay with being a nerd.
5. I wish I could make a career out of helping people. This is probably why I’m so indecisive about what I want of my future career. I live by these words..
“To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
and the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
and endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by
a healthy child, a garden patch
or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed
easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.” - RalphWaldoEmerson
6. Chilvary isn’t dead, a lot of guys have just missed the memo. I’m picky with people I’ll go out with because I have high standards, but I don’t see it as detrimental. I’ll just end up with a good one :)
7. I can turn both my thumbs completely around backwards, ask me about it, I’ll show you :)
8. I think bilingually. I literally speak Spanglish. On any given day I will randomly insert Spanish into conversation, whether or not those I’m talking to speak it. I don’t know why.
9. I’ve only been to one other country than the United States ( El Salvador!) and while ES is close to my heart, I want that to change. I want to go EVERYWHERE, literally.
10. I have an extensive list of things I’ve never done, that I have aspirations to do before certain ages. Some of them are silly things like actually going to Disney because I’ve never been, go zip-lining because it seems awesome and others are more legit, like wanting to learn all the romance languages, just for the hell of it.
11. A lot of people have told me recently that they respect the fact that I work full-time, put myself through school and still have time to have a social life, or go to ES on missions.. Apparently, I’m harder on myself than those people are, because I think daily, about how old I am and how much more I could have accomplished up to this point, or think back on decisions I’ve made and wished I had chosen a different option. Bizarre.
12. I’ve recently picked up guitar, and I like playing, but my incredibly small(seriously, they’re like the size of an 8 year old’s) hands make it very difficult. Ergo, I’m not very good.
13. I don’t eat a ‘real’ breakfast, hardly ever. I’m kind of a piece of fruit, english muffin and tea kinda person. But, I love banana pancakes and waffles, almost never at breakfast time, though.
14. I’m happier having a small group of amazing, and loyal friends than droves and droves of people I’m not sure I can trust around me. Trust is HUGE for me. I respect everyone until they disrespect me. I trust everyone until they betray that trust. If you betray my trust, it’s almost a guarantee our friendship will never grow passed a certain point. ( and i don’t mean that half as bitterly as it sounds ! )
15. Last week, my dad bought 10 half gallons of Juicy Juice.(that’s 5 gallons of juice for all you anti-Math-ers) It’s gone, thanks to me. I drink juice like it’s my job.
16. I really love my job. I love that I get paid to help kids experience things, sometimes for the first time ever. I get so much joy out of watching them grow and learn and become who they are. I love their logic and innocence and am glad that the world still can’t corrupt youth completely.
17. I have two “best” friends. Cait. Kelly. I LOVELOVELOVE these girls, and would do absolutely ANYthing for them. They’re both beautiful, smart, amazing, caring, wonderful people .. and I’m eternally grateful for their friendships.
18. I prefer being outdoors than indoors. I love (attempting) to be good at soccer. I hang onto my longboard like I’m still in high school and it’s the only way around. I want to ride my bike all over. I just like fresh air and the smell of grass and the way the beach feels.
19. I love the Beach Boys like I live in California in the 60’s. I blame my father, but I don’t really know where this love-affair came from. I’m not ashamed though.
20. Ever since I saw Supersize Me, I’m not so into fast food. But sometimes, I lose the battle with my demons and have to give in by scarfing down Checkers french fries. How can something soooo bad for you taste soooo good?
21. I’m like… 9 or 12 credits away from graduating with an Associates Degree. I’d be more pleased with this fact if I didn’t feel like I was on the 10 year plan.
22. I’m the “intelligent” one of all my siblings. Melissa is rebellious and ungrateful of my parents. Stephanie is good-looking and gets by on her good looks and outgoing personality. I consider myself the shy, generous, smart one, who looks out for others 90% of the time. I’m not that bothered by that niche.
23. Recently, I’ve been complimented a lot on my artistic abilities. But honestly, I consider myself more logical and pratical than creative. Is that weird?
24. I can still do a tripod. It’s something I learned in PE in elementary school, it’s like a pre-cursor to a handstand. You stand on your head with your hands on the ground, knees on your elbows. However, when I fully extend I can only stand on my head for mere moments. It’s exhausting.
25. I tried to make this list mostly things, most people don’t know about me, and it took me entirely too long.
I really don’t know why I find this so perfect, but I do.
A quote from David Crowder Band, Like A Lion (via crookedtooth)
He’s surely alive
He’s living on the inside
Roaring like a lion"